Tuesday, October 27, 2009

First Foods

At Lydia's 4 month appointment she got the go ahead to start solids. Normally a doctor would recommend starting solids at 6 months but she felt like Lydia was so strong and with it to go ahead if we wanted to. She's only had rice cereal and I try and give her a small bowl each night. She loves it and now when I'm holding her in one arm and making her cereal with my other hand she starts screetching and getting excited for food. She opens her mouth if she sees the spoon. Oh and don't eat in front of her, she gets so mad when you are eating and she isnt'. I forget she is just 5 months, I've caught myself a couple of times almost giving her a taste of my food. She does seem to be growing up faster then Kate did, but I think that happens when you start having more then one child. At her 4 month visit Lydia was just a delightful little thing and the doctore kept calling her spry! It was so cute. Then she got shots and it was all over. Just kidding she did wonderfully. Here is what Lydia weighed in at, I added kate's stats for comparison.
4 months
Kate
14lbs 110z
24 3/4" tall
16" head

Lydia
15lbs
25 1/4" tall
15 3/4" head

Some pictures of Lydia eating cereal for the first time. She didn't seem to like it at first, but a month later she is lovin it and can't get enough. I'm actually starting to feed her veggies, she ate squash for the first time last night and didn't like it at all. It took me 25 years to like squash so I really can't blame her!














2 comments:

amiee said...

I love her face eating the rice cereal! LOL. The first time I gave it to Jase I only had it mixed with milk and he WOULD NOT eat it. ONce I mixed in some apples he was all over it!hahaha

super cute blessing day dresses, too!!!!!!

La negra said...

OH my...she is too cute! I'd have to say that makes me miss my nannying days!!!