Friday, October 24, 2008

Happy Early Birthday Party

We decided to do a party for Kate a couple of weeks early. The weather is usually much nicer early October then at the end of the month. We wanted to do something outside so it just made sense to have her party a bit earlier. It turned out to be the perfect day. We had lots of friends show up. It was so much fun to see Kate so happy. She loved the balloons and carried one around her the whole time. She loved all her gifts, especially the baby dolls and accessories. She pushed the stroller around the playground while carrying 3 dolls. She is going to make a great mom someday. We let her wear her Halloween costume just to be different and because she looked so cute in it. We went with a barnyard theme, because for about 4 or 5 months straight she would watch the Baby Einstein E-I-E-I-O video and nothing else, would often request it by demanding "I want E-I-O", so it just seemed appropriate we go with it.


Here are a few pictures from that fun day!


The cake: I made with the help of my sister, after several pounds of butter, a dozen eggs and hours in the kitchen I decided to not become a cake baker/decorator. This was hard hard work, a few pieces were eaten, everyone liked it but in the end I threw most of it out because I just couldn't stand to look at it anymore. I got the idea for the cake from familyfun.com


The food spread: kept it simple with homemade bbq beef, fruit/veggie tray, potato chips n dip








I love this picture of Cole and Kate, they are best buddies. Cole lived across the street from us up until 3 weeks ago when he moved. They also go to daycare together, and are just 3 weeks apart in age. Kate just loves Cole and as you can see I think I caught them sharing a secret. The other little guy in my nephew Ethan, also a cutie.


All the kids had turns hitting the pinata, but it was more like tapping the pinata. No one took any good whacks at it so my 8 year old niece had to bring it home by busting open the pinata. Here's a picture of Kate swinging at it.








This picture sums up the whole day. She opened her gifts and went nutso over everything she got, baby dolls, puzzles, a couple of cute outfits, play dough, and baby doll accessories. You can tell what was a hit with this little mommy to be! She didn't stop pushing this stroller around for a week.


3 comments:

amiee said...

Sarah, that is not ONE birthday cake but THREE!! HOLY crap! How big was that thing??? Good gracious! It is adorable!! I am like you now...screw making cakes. This sucks. It took waayyyyyyyyyy too long to make mine. I love the farm animals on yours!! so freaking cute!

Emily said...

The pic of Kate and her cakes is the cutest!!

Robert and Natalie said...

That cake is so dang cute! Your such a good mom!