About 2 weeks ago Kate and I were looking at a book together and she pointed to every letter in the title and told me the letter. I was shocked because I had no idea she even knew any letter let alone all these letters. I've heard her say letters and she sings parts of the ABC song but I didn't realize she could recognize letters. So at 22 1/2 months old we think she is the smartest thing ever. We know where she picked this trick up. She watches this show on pbs weta kids called "Super Why". She loves it, its her favorite show. It's probably geared toward older kids because the show teaches you how to read and make sounds but we aren't complaining if our almost 2 year old starts reading novels next week.
Here is a video, this is the best we got of her performing. She does know all her letters, but she still has the attention span of a 2 year old so she sort just craps out in the middle of this test. She does know every letter sometimes she is quick with letters and then the next day she'll act like she doesn't know what it is. Trust me we have quizzed her dozens of times now because we are fascinated that she does this, she really does know all her letters, she even knows some of the sounds the letters make. The video is really long so I totally understand if you don't want to watch the whole thing. I just am not sure how to edit it to make it shorter.
Thanks Super Why, you're a Super Hero for teaching our kid her ABC's!
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Super Why = Super Smarty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
omg super amazing! i need to let jase watch this show!!! Woo hoo! she is getting SO BIG. i like how she erased all the letters on the board. LOL. too cute.
Wow Baby Kate is seriously sooo smart!! Van watched Super Why for a little bit the other day. He seems to like Thomas the Train better. I want Van to be real smart just like Kate!! I love her!! I miss her and it's been TOO LONG since I have seen her!!
OH MY GOSH! She is a little genius!! I see she takes after mommy. You have to send this video in to Ellen. She is amazingly CUTE and SMART!!!
Carma also has learned all of her letters and sounds through Super Why! That show ROCKS.. I love it.
She is brilliant like you! My first daughter knew all he ABCs at 2 and then progress drastically slowed down after I had more kids!
She's not even two yet! Yep, Kate is brilliant! My 4 year old, Eliza, had fun playing along as we watched the video. She learned to recognize letters at age two by playing computer games on pbs.org. I wish I could say I taught her. :)
Post a Comment