We are so sad that our summer days are coming to an end. We've had a great summer. It's been so different with a toddler, we found ourselves almost ever weekend toting her around to show her all the local grand attraction. We've done stuff every weekend as a family. It's been wonderful. We are amazed daily at our little toddler and how much she has learned. She communicates so well with us and can answer all our questions and she'll tell us all sorts of things.
Some of the cute stuff she's been up to lately is she plays this little game with me where she'll say to me "Your priddy" and I'll say back to her "Your pretty" and we bounce back and forth with that. It's really cute. Another cute thing is she now sings her ABC's she knows almost all the letters and parts of the song but things get kinda jumbled up. So she starts out singing ABC-then moves on to EFP and then "Now I know my ABCs" then MNO. It's really cute because she's singing this and it's all out of tune in cute baby voice. I'm trying to capture this on video which is much harder then it sounds. She has video camera radar and will stop as soon as I go to get it. Her favorite show right now is Super Why it comes on PBS weta kids and it's this really cute cartoon about a super hero who reads to "save the day" so she hears the ABC's a lot from this show. It's really educational and more for the level of a 3-4 year old, so of course we feel proud that she loves this show and is learning to read at the age of 22 months!
She is really funny, anytime you ask her something and she doesn't know she'll say "I don't know" which is a lot. Sometimes I ask her stuff on purpose that she doesn't know just so I can hear her say "Idohknow". She is also still a big time apologizer and will constantly say that she is sorry. Any time she bumps her head or falls down she says "I sorry". She spilled a cherry slushy all down her at Busch Garden's and she kept saying "I sorry". It was hard not to laugh (she was crying because it was so cold). She also is very good with her manners, she always says "Thank You", "welcome" and "bless you", she sometimes gets them mixed up as to when to say them but she tries and it's always so cute to hear. One of her latest little phrases is "I want it too" anytime she sees something she wants or gets flustered for words she says this and we're automatically suppose to know what she wants.
We also had a chance to take one last getaway before the summer melts away. We went to Williamsburg to see my brother Troy, Katie and Collin. Troy apparently has senioritis from Law School and took a break and played with us for the day. It was fun hanging out with them, we went to Busch Garden's together and then to Virginia Beach (just the 3 of us went). It was a great mini-vacation. It was really cute to see Collin and Kate play together. We were fascinated with Kate at Busch Gardens and all the rides she went on by herself. I had no idea 22 month old child could do this. Here are a few pictures.
Kate and Collin at Busch Gardens, Collin did such a great job assisting Kate with the rides, he was such a big helper and is going to be a great Big Brother when the new baby arrives!
Kate loved to play in the sand at the beach, and at first she was less then thrilled about the ocean and would run from it. After awhile she did warm up to the surf and she let us hold her in the water as the waves came in. We could've spent days there but all we had was the afternoon , it was so worth it. It was perfect beach weather, we didn't even set up our umbrella's or chairs we just sat down at the edge of the water and played with Kate.

No comments:
Post a Comment