Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Visit to the Dentist

Kate had her first visit to the dentist yesterday. She did great she was the perfect little patient. She did a great job opening her mouth to get her teeth clean. They made it such a fun experience for her she asked to go back. She checked out with a clean bill of health. It was such a neat place that I'm thinking of asking if they will take care of my teeth! (And I was the crazy mom taking pictures of her kid at the dentist so I could blog about it)

Hangin in the waiting room, we named all the fish in this fish tank, it looks like a picture but it really is a fish tank


Kate picked out a Diego toothbrush (over a princess toothbrush?) and bubblegum toothtaste (yes that is what Kate calls it)


Kate got to pick out the flavor of toothtaste to have her teeth cleaned, she changed her mind a hundred times so I'm not sure what she ended up with


Here she is showing her what Mr. Tickles feels like on her finger, Mr. Tickles polished her teeth


She did such a great job opening her mouth and letting them do their thing, I was really proud of her, although we've been practicing at home with me being the dentist


This is Dr. Val, she is examining Kate's teeth


Kate got a token for being a great patient and she got to go to the Treasure Tower and pick out a toy, it was really hard to pick just one but she settled on a bouncy ball

Here she is with her teeth all clean, she got a balloon, bouncy ball and goody bag (Kate calls groceries) all for going to the dentist, things are SO different then when I was a kid

5 comments:

Emily said...

LOL that is hilarious!! She is so cute!! I love that you took all the pics to blog about it. She's adorable. TOOTHTASTE!!

My favorite is still Muse-nik. LOL

amiee said...

Shut up this is so cute! I think I might wait to take Jase to the dentist, too, (like when he's more like 2.5 or older) b/c I am pretty sure he would ROYALLY WIG OUT if I took him now. So no thanks. But I love all these pics of Kate getting her teefis cleaned. LOVE LOVE LOVE. She is adorable. I swear, truly a cutie patootie.

Ok I might have to buy the Chubby Tub from you when you're done with it. What a COOL & Funny Idea! LOL. That is awesome. I am still laughing at the pics. IT does look like you stuck her in a flower pot!

Plain Jame said...

OH how cute! Isn't that the truth about how different it is from when we were kids. You had to just sit there while some old white-haired guy poke and prodded and tried to muster a smile.
Now they give them celebrity treatment, pictures, goody bags, toys, the whole glub!

Katie said...

Thank you for posting this! Troy broke it down to Collin the other day we are going to start going to the dentist and instantly he said no way. I told him Kate went and you posted pics of it and he warmed up to the idea.

Anonymous said...

cute<3