Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Ballerina

Kate started ballet this week. I was hesitant for her to try this sport because she's never expressed an interest in ballet, and she is still pretty young for an "organized" class. But she surprised me, she did great. She followed the instructions of her ballet teacher, doing all the exercises. She was clearly the youngest ballerina in her class, but not the worst! One little girl was off in her own planet the entire time.



Dancing



She's doing her stretches with the rest of the class (she is all the way to the left, the girl all the way to the right was the little stinker in the class)

During the class
At the end of class she let me take a picture





This weekend we met up with some 'virtual friends' for dinner, I'm on a message board of October 2006 mom's and we all have really gotten to know each other really well over the years. This mom is from Georgia and is vising this week in our area because they are relocating here in a few months. It's fun to meet up with these mom's, I consider them all such good friends even though I haven't met most of them.



My cutie pie, is growing up so fast she is such a ray of sunshine

4 comments:

Leah said...

Oh my gosh, Lydia looks just like Brock in that picture! She is so cute and growing so fast. I love that Kate is in ballet- Evie is doing gymnastics and it cracks me up to see chubby toddler bodies in leotards!

amiee said...

oh she is so cute in her little leotard & tutu!!! You have so much on your plate already--and now adding dance classes?? hahaha you are nuts! but how fun for her! Glad she did so well!!!

Katie said...

How fun! I remember when Collin was that age and we enrolled him in a class. We cracked up all the time. He could not take direction well and it was hilarious to see what he would do. Maybe its a boy thing. I am impressed she stretched and followed along. Cute picture of Lydia smiling. Kate looks so grown up in her tutu.

Emily said...

LOL This post really made me smile. Kate is just adorable! She is looking so grown up! Lydia is a cutie patootie, too. I remember when Kate wore that same outfit. Those girls are the best!