Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mini Vacation

We have a week long vacation planned for the end of September which I can hardly wait for, but to take our minds off that upcoming vacation we decided to take a minivacation. We had such a great time. Imgaine the most perfect summer day, not too hot, a nice summer breeze, the sun is high in the sky but not blinding a few clouds drifting by...now imagine being on a sandy beach, that was our beach day. It was incredible, and we consider ourselves lucky since the next day it rained and after that we were on to our next stop. The best part about the beach was our location we ended up in an area that had a park on the beach, it was great for since our girls would go back and forth between the park and the beach. We stayed at the beach until dark and left kicking and screaming we didn't want to leave.



I love this picture of Lydia



The girls had so much fun playing in the sand, they would build this trenches and then sit in them, I got a kick outta watching Lydia crawl in and out of them



Kate goofin off



Kate sufin



This child was covered in sand by the time we left, she had eaten so much sand, she was poopin sand for days. I remember Kate put sand in her mouth one time as a baby and that was it, not this one, it's an appetizer for her!



Pictures from the play ground




2 comments:

Katie said...

That looks like fun! I love the pictures. Why do babies put sand in their mouths--yuck. It's right up there with sand in the crack ;o) I've been waiting for vacation your pictures.

Emily said...

LOL Rowan loves to eat sand, too! I'm jealous of your mini-vaycay. The girls look like they had buckets of fun!!