Thursday, July 29, 2010

Painting the House Part 1

Is there anything worse then painting? All the prep, the time, the core workout, rolling up and down only to have to apply a second coat! Every time I thought of painting I looked at my white walls and thought to myself, "white isn't too bad". I wanted to hire someone but man that is SO expensive. Then there was picking the color, where do you start, do you know how many colors there are? If you look closely to the pictures you'll see I bought small samples to "test" before making the big plunge. It was much easier then I thought it would be to narrow down to a paint color. Although I did end up buying 5 samples before I picked a color. The results have been worth it. I'm glad to have the white walls gone, I've learned that I'm a color person. I must have color!! As soon as I finished the kitchen/family room I immediately moved to the front of the house and now have the living room, entry way and dining room done (pictures to come). When I finished that I did the girls rooms...also will post pictures. My friend did warned me, she told me as soon as I painted one room I wouldn't stop until they were all done, I didn't believe her, but she is right. I'm not stopping until the whole house is painted!















2 comments:

Katie said...

I love the haystack! Funny you posted painting pictures because I just posted my turquoise project. I love color too, but you knew that. This is the first house you have had to paint really. And white is a much better canvas then peach.

moi said...

It looks so much homier! Love it!