Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Why Hello There

I don't even want to look at the date of my last post. You don't know how many times I've wanted to sit down and give the Winfrey family update and it seems like there are a million distractions. Tonight is no exception except I'm doing a diet game with a group of people and one of the requirements is to work on a good habit each day. Well here is my good habit, I'm updating the blogs. Most of you don't know that I have 2 other blogs besides this one. A cooking one with all my favorite recipes and a weight loss one, at this point it's for my eyes only but who knows some day I might make that one public especially now that I've teased you with it. I have a ton of stuff to update you all with. You missed Easter, Lydia walking....at 10months, running by 11 I've got the video for proof which was one thing I wanted to get up here, you missed Lydia's birthday, father's day and I'm sure a ton of other stuff which I hope and I can get you all updated with by then end of my round of habits....ends on Aug 1st!

Well I'll start with this past weekend. July 4th was fantastic. We had a 3 day weekend and it flew. Saturday we went to the town parade. We just moved to this small town (I won't say the name since this is a public blog) but lets just say they celebrate the 4th in style. The parade was so much fun. We then hit the pool for an hour while we waited for it to get dark to see the fireworks. It was awesome that all we had to do is walk to the back of our neighborhood to get a front row view of the fireworks. And for a small town our fireworks rivaled some of the bigger towns fireworks around here. I was SO impressed and look forward to it next year.

The beginning of the parade, it gave me goosebumps

Kate showing off her loot, they passed a lot of candy she was storing it in her bug collection container which have never held any real bugs because she is too scared of real bugs!

The only picture I have of Lydia at the parade, I wish she was looking at the camera


Sunday the actual 4th was spent with family and celebrating my birthday ( a little late but better then never). We did fireworks at nana's house and headed home. It's a 2 hour drive for us. We caught about 4 firework displays on the ride home which was such a fun way to celebrate the 4th.

On the drive down Kate and Lydie were holding hands, it was so cute but by the time I got my camera out and snapped the picture they were sorta over it and of course got the uncutest looks on their faces, trust me they were really cute doing this.


Monday we decided to venture into the big city. We don't head very often into the big city because we aren't big city type people but felt that once every 7 years (I think that is the last time we were in the big city) wouldn't hurt us. We went to the Natural History museum and you would think that by Kate's reaction we were at Disney world. She lite up at everything she saw, it was fun to see her so excited about this stuff. Probably the coolest display we saw was a room full of butterflies. There were tons of them, fluttering about, it was so surreal and very peaceful and VERY BEAUTIFUL. Kate was in butterfly heaven but what was so cute was watching Lydia getting excited over these little creatures. We saw some of the coolest butterflies, and they all seemed to have their own personalities. Some were friendly, some were shy, some were scared and some were big show offs. I'm unhappy to report that our family was the cause of one butterfly casualty that had some of us in tears. (uh hum...daddy)

Kate loved the ocean display

Daddy and Kate checking out some cool tropical fish

We are looking at a butterfly

In the butterfly room, Lydia is pointing at who knows what...probably a butterfly

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh no! So sorry to hear about the butteryfly casualty! The pics of the girls are sooo cute! They just love each other! I'm so glad you're FINALLY updating your blog!

Also your face looks super skinny. :)

Katie said...

Butterflies are fun! Cute pics. Violet moves so fast its hard to get good pics now too.