I meant to write this post on Lydia's birthday, but we were busy having fun celebrating her birthday that I didn't do it. And then I thought I would do it that week after her birthday, now it's been two weeks. Lydia is a special girl. In fact I call her my special Lydia. Our family wouldn't be complete without Lydia because she is such a good mommy. She is 3 going on 23. There is nothing Lydia can't do. Lydia has been known to get into things. If Kate is quietly doing something I know this means Lydia is wrecking havoc. A few recently instances, she got intop some makeup of mine and placed hand prints all over the bathroom. She constantly gets into my make-up and puts it on, she looks like a clown! She ruined a favorite tube of lipstick of mine,which I hardly wear, so I guess it wasn't too big a deal. She loves water and playing in water, mostly if it's at the sink, where it can splash on the floor causing water damage. She calls water, her "love potion". I find containers of love potion all over the house. Lydia loves to grab anything in hands reach and steal it, destroy it, or take it apart. If a marker is left around, either she will draw on herself or wall or take the marker apart. This week she got into my fridge and helped herself to the eggs which she cracked open on the floor, all of them. She is very mischievous, but mostly very curious about the world around her. She is also very sensitive so when she gets in trouble often she hangs her head low. She gets in trouble a lot, which she always apologizes to me by saying "sorry mom" in her sad little voice. Lydia is a very girlie girl, she love princesses, shoes that sparkle, ballet, the color pink and dressing up. She loves wearing dresses, and ballet costumes, and often will ask me if she can watch some ballet before bed. She reminds me a lot of me when I was little. She loves her baby brother and gives him lots of hugs and kisses each day. I love when she talks to me and will say "ok mom" like a grown up. Probably my favorite thing about Lydia is what we call the Lydia look, she has this special look she's been doing since before she was 2, where she looks at you out of the corner of her eyes. She so badly wants to be in her big sister's shoes, her sister is losing teeth and getting adult teeth and Lydia makes sure to show me how her teeth are doing the same thing. I'm also working with big sis on some reading/writing skills getting her ready for kindergarten and Lydia is right there with us doing what she is doing.
For Lydia's birthday this year we had a big weekend, we spend lunch on Saturday the 19th with nana. She got 8 new princess dresses from Nana for her birthday, we went to visit her cousin twin Rowan, who gave her a cute little dress. On the 20th, she went with Kate and her dad to a birthday party for Kate's friend, but they got to swim and have fun. For dinner we ordered pizza, her favorite food, even though she asked for spaghetti. I made homemade chocolate cupcakes with frosting, On the 21st, we had a little play group at the house with the Hornbaker girls and a friend Ivy Larson. We gave Lydia a princess laptop and a princess nightgown for her birthday. It was a wonderful weekend celebrating my special special Lydia! And she is special!
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Lydia turns 3!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That little post on Lydia made me laugh and cry! Ha! Glad to know it's not just my kids getting into EVERYTHING! Ian loves water as well, holy cow. he loves to put it into a cup and pour it into another cup, then back and forth from cup to cup. MESSSSSSSSY. I try to get him to do it in the tub. I think it's hilarious she calls the water her "love potion." WHAT! LOL!
Post a Comment