Mother's day was on Sunday, and this was such a different kinda Mother's day for me. I had my whole complete family with me. All three of my children here with me. I love my family so much and although I would've loved to have a day off from doing mommy stuff, I NEVER want a day off from being their mom. I love my children so much that if it means I still have to do laundry and cook and clean on Mother's day, I'll do it gladly as long as it means I have them with me!
We woke up and all the kids ended up in our bed before 7:30am, this is actually my favorite way to wake up. When I'm just waking up and have my whole family in my bed the only thing I can think of is, it doesn't get better then this, life is perfect! Kate went and got her present for me, which was a cute hand print on a wooden plaque. Then Lydia got her present for me which was her hand print on a pot holder. These gifts I will cherish forever and ever. Brock got me much needed speakers for my computer. We got up went to church, where they passed out potted flowers to all the mom's. We got home, Brock made me lunch, we hung out a little as a family. I watched the girls jump in their new little pool in the back yard. I kept thinking to myself I would love to take a nap and read some from my book....I did neither. We then went to my mom's house up in Harper's Ferry, WV for dinner with her. It was a great day.
The next day, Kate's preschool class invited the mom's to class and the kids served their mom's lemonade and muffins and fruit. Kate had been looking forward to this all weekend, promising me how she would serve me anything I wanted, I just needed to "ask her" lol. She was so cute. I still can't believe how much she has changed this year, she is becoming such a kid. She is so amazing.
Tuesday, May 15, 2012
My 5th Mother's Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment