Saturday, January 12, 2013

Family Day

Wow, cant believe we spent the day as a whole family, all day, with no where to go. It didn't start out that way, we had 2 events planned for the day. The first things we did was got up and went to the Primary activity, pajamas and pancakes. Kate insised on wearing her nightgown with the unicorns, she wanted to look her "best". And Lydia who typically cares the most about clothes didnt just wore an old pair of jammies. The girls did great at the activity, sitting with their class and meeting their new teachers. They played a couple of games and  it was so cute to watch them get into it. I loved the smiles on their faces. It was really cute seeing Lydia sitting next to her big sister. Those two girls love each other so much, it warms my heart to see them together. They have such a bright future together, all my children do. We got home (actually this was the only part of the day we didn't spend all together since Daddy stayed home) Brock was building a fire, he loves building a fire in our firepit, any chance he has he's building a fire. So we spent most of the day outside since it was 63degrees in January. I was suppose to leave and take Kate to a birthday party, but we were having so much fun as a family and Kate and Lydia were loving on each other so much I couldn't break it up. So in the moment I decided to spend the day with my family outside.
Brockman was so cute just toddling around, this is his first real time outside since becoming a big independent boy. He loves being outside. And I love a baby boy that loves being outside. He loved "helping" with the firepit, eating marshmallow, hotdogs. It's so cute to listen to him walk around asking "what's this" one of his favorite little phrases.
I was a little stressed at one point because I had so much to do during the day inside the house. If I take any time off the house chores pile up fast. Dishes, toys, laudry, it gets out of control fast. The floors needed cleaning from the kids tracking in mud. I snapped at Brock that I never get a day off, and I don't  have time to sit around. Kate-6 years old- over heard me and stood at the back door. (I swear I will never let this memory leave my mind) She looked at me with her hands held outwards and big smile on her face and said "momma I heard you mention you needed a day off, I 'll give you a day off, what do you want me to clean" It was music to my ears. What an awesome kid I have. I told her to pick up the toys and vacuum the floor, which she did, she pulled the vacuum out all by herself. She then mopped the floor. Neither one of these things she did a great job at. I still need to redo them. But I love that she was wanted to give me a day off. It made me stop and realize that the house isn't what is important, that can always wait, there will always be a mess. I need to spend more time with them. I love my family, every single one of my children was sent to me for a reason and I'm learning so much from them.

No comments: