Today was the first day of school for the kids. So I felt like it's a good time to get started on my blog, it's not my first post this year but my first post in a long time. I know I should blog about our fun summer, filled with friends (Tenley and Eden Reck) and swim team, the pool (lots of trips) swim lessons, the pool, the lake the water park, children's museums, ice cream...but I'll save all of that for a day I feel like catching up. Today is about our 1st day of school....
Kate is such an amazing little girl. She never ceases to amaze me. She popped right out of bed this morning which is pretty hard when you aren't a morning girl and was excited to get ready for her first day of 1st grade! She loves to learn and loves school and has missed it over the summer. Her teacher this year is Mrs. Stang. We met her briefly and the open house last Friday. When I asked her what she liked most about first grade today she told me she liked seeing Mrs. Stang again. She has a great mix of kids in her class, and Kate is excited about meeting new friends.
Lydia was a little shy about going into Ms. Sue's class, we stayed out in the hallway for a few minutes while she warmed up to the idea of going in. Brock had no problems heading right into the classroom! Once Lydia got in, she didn't want to leave. Ellie was there, and they played with the sand, play dough, red books, put stickers on her journal. I'm so excited for Lydia to have this opportunity to grow. She is my very clingy, yet mischievous child. She loves to be independent and to explore. She does get in to a little trouble. Today she spent most of the day singing. Just songs she makes up. It brightens my heart, I don't say anything because if I notice her singing she'll stop. So I just listen, and I love it.
Brockman, such a happy little boy who must be busy all-the-time! He has just grown up so much these last few weeks. He talks so well, and I find it so cute when I ask him a simple questions like, "do you want to go outside" and he looks at me and shakes his head and says "NO" how come this simple word is so cute from a 22month old! He was so fun to watch in Ms. Sue's class today, sitting and acting like a big boy. I guess it won't be too long before I"m sending him.
I like bloging. I think I will do this more often!
Tuesday, September 3, 2013
FIRSTS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment