Friday, March 28, 2008

Willy You're A Whale Not A Cactus?

This is a line from Kate's favorite video at the moment, "Willy Was A Whale" by Justin Roberts. She loves this 3 minute song/video. In fact she loves it so much when it's done playing on HER laptop (a whole other story) she will sign for "more" in sign language and if that isn't enough for us to replay it for her she will say to us "la la la" "la la la" or her baby language version of "Willy Was a Whale". It's so incredibly cute, how can we not resist playing it again for her. It seems we will soon be needing to set limits on our 17month old daughter and her computer usage. When she first wakes up in the morning she runs directly to her laptop, and when she comes home from daycare, before she takes off her jacket, she is sliding down the steps to get on her computer...like father like daughter. What can I say. On a side note, I've been amazed at her language development it seems in the last 2 weeks she has tripled her vocabulary and I hear her often attempting to repeat words and phrases we say. I guess it's time we start watching our language!



Oh the laptop... Brock gave Kate his old laptop about 2 weeks ago. I thought the laptop had seen it's day but apparently it has just enough life in it to connect to the internet and bring endless smiles to this toddler.

3 comments:

amiee said...

OMG that is the FUNNIEST cUTEST picture of her, ever! Shows ya what kind of world we live in when a ONE year old has her own laptop AND knows how to use it! hahahahaha oh the things to look forward to!

Emily said...

that is the most darling picture of Kate lookin' like a big girl these days! i just love hearing about what funny things she is up to!
how did her swimming lesson go today?

Kikibug said...

That is SO cute! She looks all grown up. That is way too funny. Awesome that I have wanted a laptop for at least 2 years and your TODDLER gets one at ONE! I remember Judson was only 20 months he could turn ON the computer, click on the motorcycle game icon, pick the motorcycle he wanted and play the game. It was HILARIOUS. Carma is JUST the opposite, she just beats the mouse on the table. Poor slow kid. JUST KIDDING.. she is really smart in other ways.