Thursday, April 3, 2008

Allergic To Roaches!


So because of Kate's persistent runny nose and recent weird rash we went to the allergist to see what is wrong with the poor baby. They did a skin test where they lightly prick her back with 15 different common allergens and watch the skin reaction. She came up positive for cockroaches. Well I've never seen a roach in our house so the doctor and I agreed her runny nose is mostly likely from a really bad sinus infection. I told Brock when we got home that Kate is allergic to cockroaches to which he replied "what are going to feed her for dinner now" that's Brock, always has something funny to say. In the meantime I get to suction snot out of a toddler's nose and then spray a nose spray up there. It's so much fun with an uncooperative 18month old! Oh the doctor also said that because she is allergic to 'something' more than likely she'll develop more allergies. Anyone know anything about this?

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hopefully, by the time Kate goes to Kindergarden she will be the only healthy kid with all these runny noses. When she gets old enough for the vitamins you have to try the Trader Joe's fruit and veggies vitamin. We managed a year without having to visit the doctor for a sickness!

amiee said...

I don't know what is funnier--the allergy to cockroaches or what brock said when you told him! LOL how funny! I'm sure that is NOT what is causing the runny nose!!! Cockroaches???? Ridiculous! bwahahahha. Ok, did it hurt her when they were doing all that pricking? POOR THING. I have allergies so bad right now (hay fever kind) that I want to DIE! So I feel Kate's pain!

Kikibug said...

hahaha funny answer Brock! I have never heard of allergies to cockroaches... never.. but I suppose since they are more common out east from humidity it is something to check for. I agree with Amiee, got to be something else.