Saturday, May 31, 2008

Looks Can Be Deceiving

I know she is cute but she is no angel! Today we learned that naps indeed are not optional. Watch the video of Kate around 7:00pm after taking 0 naps.



Kate's normal bedtime is 8:30 tonight it was about 7:05. She had been throwing tantrums on and off since around 4pm. All it takes for this strong willed child to throw a fit is her not getting her way, which happens a lot around here. "No Kate you may not stand on the kitchen table".

I'm sure she was worn out from our fun filled day, today we went to the Hamilton parade. Hamilton, VA is a small quaint little town, population 742, our church is located there. It's about 10 miles from Leesburg. Today is Hamilton Day which is why they had the parade, after the parade we went to the park and saw a clown, and ate a hot dog. It then started pouring rain which ended it for us.

All in all, I wouldn't trade her for another kiddo on the planet. Even one that doesn't throw tantrums if such thing exists. We love our Kate and I am so grateful that I get to be her mom. Oh and we learned that she is a water hog and popsicle thief. Yesterday they had water day at the day care. They got to play in the sprinkler and Kate was standing in front of it and not letting any of the other kids play in the water. They also got popsicles (they made them the day before) and Kate was the first to polish hers off, so she proceeded to try and steal the other kids popsicles. Do I have a will full child on my hands or what?

4 comments:

Kikibug said...

HAHAHA! I think kids are so funny when they are throwing fits.. as long as they aren't my kids that is. When Judson used to throw fits I would encourage him to scream louder and kick harder. He would get so mad... but he was older than Kate by at least a year when I would do this.

amiee said...

That is the best laugh I've had in a while! Ha! I am sure Jase will do the SAME thing once he can move around. Right now he just started to throw little mini fits. He will lay on the ground and tighten up his entire body and force a scream. I feel bad bc I just laugh in his face, it's so funny!

Oh, I thought about the felt book that with "Jase" it would be a SHORT book. Ha! So maybe I could do his first and middle name. How did you bind it together? I seriously think it is the cutest idea I've ever seen, ever.

And you got me on the "Y" thing. All I can think of is "yo yo." Or YOU. ahhahah you could do a felt pic of a little girl! hee hee

Emily said...

LOL! Seriously that is hilarious!!

And reading about Kate being a water hog and a Popsicle thief had me crackin' up!! She is just too cute!! I am glad you're her Mom, too. I am just glad I'm only her Aunt. I think Van is going to take after Kate someday.

Oportos said...

Hey Gwart,
That was great! Once again something for me to look foward to.
love ya Widdowson