Monday, December 22, 2008

Picking out our Tree

For the last few years we've gone to Christmas tree farms to cut our Christmas trees. This year I wanted to go down the street to Home Depot when Brock insisted that we go cut our own tree. I think it makes him feel manly to cut down a tree, but he says it because the tree lasts longer because it's fresher. I know he's right, I haven't had to vacuum up any needles yet and it's been almost 3 weeks.

Daddy and Kate on the hunt for the perfect tree



we found the tree!



Video of Brock cutting down the tree





Here's a little video of her looking at the tree once we got it all set up and put lights on. We did this while she was napping so that we could WOW her once she got up. I was hoping for more of a reaction but she still seemed to enjoy it. She loved helping us decorate the tree with ornaments and she is constantly rearranging them still.

1 comment:

Emily said...

She is such a big helper cutting down that tree!

It's actually kind of funny how little she reacted to the tree being decorated. I think she gets more excited when she sees lighted up trees now than when she saw that one. I think if she'd been a little more awake, she may have had that big reaction.