I just asked Brock what I should title this entry and he said "poor husband" what a drama queen! So the story behind the 'poor husband' is a week ago on February 8th Brock went outside to shovel the last bits of ice on our sidewalk, never mind that it got up to almost 70degrees that day and would've jsut melted away! At any rate he slipped on the little bit of ice left and banged up his arm pretty good. It warranted a trip to the ER for xrays since we both thought it was broken, the way it swelled up almost looked like it could've been a bone sticking out, fortunately it was just sprain. Between me being almost 6 months pregnant and his sprain we don't get a lot done around here. Of course this occurred right when we are trying to put together the baby room and need to move furniture around. We are having to bug neighbors and church friends constantly to arrange help for moving stuff. Ugh! What a pain.
These pictures were taken today, (7 days after the accident) so as you could imagine 7days ago it actually looked worse then this. It's still pretty swollen and he has to wear a soft cast on it just to keep from banging it into stuff.
This isn't the first "poor husband" battle wound. When Kate was maybe a little over a year old he was walking the down the steps at the daycare and slipped... a combination of new carpet mixed with socks, all the while holding Kate. It was a scary thing and I'm so thankful nobody was hurt. He said the whole time he was falling all he could think about was protecting Kate, what a sweet daddy. But Brock's rear-end took a beating as he bounced down almost a flight of stairs. I took a picture...(don't worry we covered the essentials). I'm trying to dig up the picture now but can't find it, keep checking back.

1 comment:
Whoa that is GROSS.
I remember the bruised hiney.. THat was a good pic!!
Post a Comment