I have to blog about this because this will probably be our only snow day this season. The east, or at least where we are out east, just didn't get that much snow this winter, it was still plenty cold just no white stuff. So you can imagine my surprise when I woke up to a white blanket of snow covering our yard. I decided to call it a snow day. The first rule I have with a snow day is you MUST remain in PJ's all day long. The second rule is you must go out and play in the snow no matter how cold it is. Well this rule came back to bite me since it was really cold to me, but didn't seem to phase Kate, we were outside 20 minutes and I was done. So I grabbed Kate and made her come inside where she bawled hysterically and threw a big temper tantrum, she kept saying "no don't take my hate off, no don't take my snow soup off, no mommy no" at one point she even said, "I want daycare" because she knew her sitters would give in to her pleas...so any mom of a 2 year old will tell you that pleading that cute will let you get your way. So back out we went for about 40 more minutes. It was cute to see her have so much fun in the snow, she loved making "pah-pents" aka hand and foot prints and she loved making "giant snowballs" and loved saying to me "follow me mommy" to force me to stay close to her. We couldn't build a snow man since the snow wasn't sticky enough.
I did finally get her back in the house it wasn't easy but the hot chocolate made it better. Which is the 3rd rule of a snow day and leads to the 4th rule you MUST take a nap. We had a great snow day.
Here are a few pictures of our day.
A little video, sorry for the windy background noise...
Monday, March 2, 2009
Snow Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
lol she's sooo cute!!
I love that hat on her. I can't believe she was begging for daycare! What a stink!!
Van wasn't too amused by the snow. Maybe he will like it better next year. Did I ever tell you how he was scared at first to step off the sidewalk onto the grass? Maybe he would warm up to snow eventually...but it was too cold out there for me to want to find out!
What a fun snow day for Kate!!
Amen to the nap!
I love those type hats. I would buy any jester looking hat I could for Collin! She looks like she is having fun. She looks taller!
Post a Comment