Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Easter

Easter for us started about 2 weeks ago. We went to our community Easter egg hunt. It was a very windy day with lots of other 2 year olds. We were lucky to have our good friend Cole with us, but I didn't get any pictures with him. We quickly got separated from him since everyone was scrambling to get eggs. It was a fun day, after the hunt Kate got to jump in a moon bounce, the first time through she didn't really get it but the second time through you could hardly get her to leave.

Kate and Daddy after the egg hunt

Going through their loot! She got a bracelet!



This is a picture of my very pregnant sister and my very pregnant self with my very cute new niece Violet (12 weeks) peeking through our belly's. There will be 3 new cousins all within 5 months of each other and born in 2009. If we all end up with girls I think that will be a lot of fun for these cousins. You want to know why I don't post picts of myself and this is why!


Saturday before Easter we had a family reunion at my Uncle Van's house. We got to see cousins and 2nd cousins, I think he said there were over 60 people there and over 20 kids. Uncle Van took kids on a hayride, you can barely make out Kate and Brock in this picture.


We also had an Easter Egg Hunt and Van's house, sadly this is one of the best pictures I took of Kate hunting for eggs.


Our Easter Sunday, we sorta just chilled all day which has been different from past years where we usually are traveling to visit with family. It was a nice change of pace for us. I hid Kate's basket that morning and figured after lunch I would help her find it, well right before lunch out of the corner of her eye she spotted it tucked away in the dining room, it was so funny to see her take a mad dash for her basket it was like she knew it was for her even though I never mentioned it that morning to her. Here are some of her Easter Goodies.


Finding bracelets in the eggs



Going through her eggs; that really was her favorite part of her basket, she loved opening the eggs and finding treats, she was even sharing with her daddy. I have a video of all this I'll put up in a different post. I love that Kate calls Easter eggs...sister eggs, then I've heard mister eggs and sometimes I hear Easter eggs.








No comments: