My WONDERFUL co-worker aka Auntie Helen threw the best baby shower for me at work. Seriously she did such a fabulous job, I told her to keep it simple but in true Helen form (which is somewhat like Martha Stewart) she went all out. She arranged for another co-worker to bake the cake...yum homemade cake. She had such cute decorations up, tastie party favors, some munchies and punch.
I love this cake! It's so festive with the peeps, and the super mom-to-be cake topper is perfect for how I look and feel!
There were a couple little games: guess the gender and guess how many candies in the bottle. The wipees box is the holder for the guesses! The bouquet of flowers is from Helen's garden, the statue of the silhouette family of four holding hands is a gift from Helen, as well as the balloon weight (an insulated bottle holder). I just think it's so cute how this table is decorated.
Here I am showing off a gift I just opened, I won't post all the pictures of me opening gifts.... I promise I really am pregnant in case you didn't notice...please don't click on this picture and make it bigger.
If you click on this picture it should get bigger so you can see all the wonderful cute baby stuff I received from everyone. Many of my friends at work pitched in for a very generous gift card to Target, which always comes in handy for last minute baby needs, such as diapers, food, feeding supplies etc. The two baby outfits are from Helen, she insists that even if it's a boy he has to wear them.
You all have to see this, it's a baby rattle from the 60's maybe even earlier. Helen had collected it (it was new in the box), she opened it to use it as a gift-top decoration. I just think it's so cool and I think that it's even more special that it's been sitting around for decades waiting for the perfect baby to come along and shake it! The little lamb next to it is a pacifier holder (also from Helen). Do you all get the theme....Helen loves babies and like any good Auntie, spoils them!

3 comments:
bwhahahah sarah you are hilarious! "please don't click on this picture to make it bigger." so OF COURSE i had to click on it! that was funny! i don't know what you are freaking out about--you don't look fat at all! just super cute and preggers! i kind of got baby hungry today when i went to see my friend's baby girl. OMG she is ADORABLE and TINY and I wanted to love and squeeze her to death. But then i was like "wait, having that plus jase would make me nuts." so now i am back to normalcy. LOL.
What a cute cake! I love the super preggy lady! I bet you are ready to pop. About now I told Troy I wish I could curl up in my jammies and get away from myself--I was so uncomfortable. It will fly by soon! April seems like it is almost over. And then you get your body back!
Looks like a great shower! Love the bunnies!
That is a precious rattle! Wow!
Post a Comment