I'm starting off by bragging about my Kate. My goal was once she was home with me for the summer we would start on potty training so today was day 1 of project potty. I woke her up this morning and told her that all her diapers were gone so she could only use the potty. She started crying that she wanted her diapers and I thought for sure this was going to be a long day. To make a long story short I kept asking her if she "needed to go" and we made a couple of attempts with nothing then she just said to me "I need to go potty" and I took her and she went! Just that easy. So today we had a total of 5 potty successes and 0 accidents. I'm so proud of her.
I hope tomorrow is just as easy. I think I have my day care providers to thank for this, they really encouraged her without actually training.
So I've spent a lot of the last couple of weeks sitting with a baby attached to me in some form! BTW I'm all caught up (well almost) on Grey's Anatomy. I tore through season 4, and just started season 5. I love that show. Lydia and I sit in a big brown leather recliner and do our thing. Kate has started calling me mama bird and she calls herself baby bird. She made up these names for us all on her own. I always invite her to sit with Lydia and I to cuddle and she will climb up with us and say she's in "her nest" aka the recliner. It's just so cute how she talks about it, much cuter then I can write. So all day she calls me "mama bird" and I call her "little bird" and we call Lydia "baby bird".
Kate is really warming up to Lydia, she still doesn't have any interest in holding her. But she is constantly pointing out her little sister "Libia" to me. She seems to be really patient with Libia when she is screaming. I think it's cute when she helps me with her diaper changes she unfolds the diaper and pulls open the little tabs. She loves to remind me that she is the big sister and that Libia is the little sister. They are just so cute together.
I hope tomorrow is just as easy. I think I have my day care providers to thank for this, they really encouraged her without actually training.
So I've spent a lot of the last couple of weeks sitting with a baby attached to me in some form! BTW I'm all caught up (well almost) on Grey's Anatomy. I tore through season 4, and just started season 5. I love that show. Lydia and I sit in a big brown leather recliner and do our thing. Kate has started calling me mama bird and she calls herself baby bird. She made up these names for us all on her own. I always invite her to sit with Lydia and I to cuddle and she will climb up with us and say she's in "her nest" aka the recliner. It's just so cute how she talks about it, much cuter then I can write. So all day she calls me "mama bird" and I call her "little bird" and we call Lydia "baby bird".
Kate is really warming up to Lydia, she still doesn't have any interest in holding her. But she is constantly pointing out her little sister "Libia" to me. She seems to be really patient with Libia when she is screaming. I think it's cute when she helps me with her diaper changes she unfolds the diaper and pulls open the little tabs. She loves to remind me that she is the big sister and that Libia is the little sister. They are just so cute together.
Kate coming home from the hospital, look at those big tears and she is only 2 days old.
Getting ready to leave the hospital
A very upset baby
One of the only pictures I have of my two girls together.

1 comment:
i smiled reading this whole post. I just love hearing about your birdies. Kate is too sweet about her little sister!
Post a Comment