Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Circle of Life

This ended up being a crazy week and my head is spinning a little from it still. On Sunday July 20th we found out a childhood friend of Brock's was killed. It is tragic that his life was cut so short. His name was Luke and he was only 27. We went to the funeral yesterday (Friday, July 25th). It was sad to be there are be reminded that his life was cut short, it just seemed like he had so much more life to live. It's hard to heal from the loss of a loved one, even with the knowledge of the Gospel, it's still hard to understand why we can't be with our loved ones a little longer on earth.

The same day as the funeral, Lark and Jacob (Lark is Brock's littlest sister) welcomed their first born into their family. Welcome Kara Afton we are so glad you are here! Born sometime around 5pm-ish, she was 3 weeks early due to some complications with preclampsia she weighed in at 7lbs exactly and 18" long.(I'm gonna try and get a picture) We can't wait to meet our new neice.

Life is good and bad, and hard and sometimes easy. The circle of life helps me appreciate everyone around me. I'm so thankful for my family, I try and not miss an opportunity to be with them and let them know how much I love them. You all think I'm blogging for you, but I'm really bloggin for me. It helps me remember lifes little moments with Kate and Brock I'm so thankful I have both of them.

No comments: