"I'm sorry" has been one of the recent catch phrases from Kate. She will walk around saying "I'm sorry" for no apparent reason. So I've been saying back to her "Why are you sorry? What did you do?" This can occur up to 20 times a day it seems. Sometimes she will bump her head or another kid will accidentally bump her and she will say "I'm sorry" and I think it's so cute, but what is cuter is that in the last week she now will say "I'm sorry, what did you do" randomly. Kids are so cute!
I truly am sorry for the lack of updates on my part. So this is my shameless attempt of filling you in.
For the 4th we went to our ward's pancake breakfast, then straight over to the town parade. Kate was looking very patriotic that day and had such a good time watching all the different displays. Then we headed home for a nap and at one point thought we might be rained out for the fireworks. Luckily around 8pm it looked like clear skies so we headed down to the town park to get a good seat. Kate loved the fireworks as long as her ears were covered and she was snuggled safe and close to her mama. It was a fun day.
Up next, Kate and her prayers. You have to check out the way Kate folds her arms when we say a pray. Even her nursery leaders at church comment on it. She's always folded her arms like this to pray ever since we taught her how to pray. The funny thing is she knows how to really fold her arms, we've seen her do it but as soon as it's time to say a prayer she goes back into this strange folding mode. Another cute thing is when we sit down at the table to eat dinner she immediately folds her arms and starts balking at us to sit and pray. She sometimes babbles along with us as if she is praying other times she is perfectly quiet like she knows it's time to be reverent.
FYI: This was sorta a fake prayer to get her to fold her arms and get it on video
Next: Kate and her Crew. I've been meaning to show you all this for awhile now. Kate sleeps with a load of stuffed animals. I finally caught some of it on film during a recent nap. Mr. BearHugs or "Beargs" as Kate calls him is the ringleader, he's the big brown bear you see. Everyone else changes from day to day. In this picture there is also a cat and a puppy (probably the 2nd in command) somewhere in the mix. She also has a baby, another bear, and a lamb that sometimes appear. She loves her crew very much and can't sleep without them. Every morning she gathers whomever she can fit into her arms and carries them around. It's quite a sight to see.
Next: Kate and Dora. We went to Allie's 3rd birthday party on Saturday. Allie is the Daycare provider's daughter. It was a lot of fun and Kate had a great time playing in the baby pool with the other kids. I thought the cake turned out so cute.
Next: Kate and her Yogurt face. This caught me by surprise because Kate is a fairly good eater, by good eater I mean messy-free. (We are still working on broadening her spectrum of foods but that is a different story) So I was surprised when I came into the dining room this afternoon to find this:
Lastly(because I know your dying to know): The poison ivy finally decided to give me a break and has cleared up for the most part. My left leg is pretty chewed up though and it looks like I might have some scars to remember it all by. My arms look good and I just have dry patches of skin that itch but not like the poison ivy. I have a fear of my backyard now and haven't been out there since. We still haven't sprayed for it, that's partly because we are lazy and partly because we need a rain-free day and under 90 degrees. So far it hasn't happened. We've been getting tons of rain and it's been HOT.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
I'm Sorry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Those pics are too funny! I can't believe she sleeps up on her knees like that with all those animals! LOL. Also, I like the way she folded her little arms. I thought it was so sweet, I totally cried when I saw the video. Awww...
You're little girl is so darn cute! I can just see hear you crackin' up at all the cute stuff she probably does. I loved the little video clip of the dinner prayer!
i can't believe i missed this post! she is sooo cute! I miss her already!
Post a Comment