Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Fam-ah-lee

This is just a cute little Kate story. She woke in the middle of the night and wandered into my room. (She had wet herself a little and wanted me to take her potty and change her). Instead of calling for mommy, she called for her family or fam-ah-lee. It was like 4am and I was cracking up at her calling for her fam-ah-lee.

Also when I picked Lydia up from daycare she was so cute. She was standing next to the toy bin picking out toys. I was wowed with how big she looked, she is growing up so fast and at that moment just looked like a toddler to me. Then when we were leaving I put her down to help get kate ready and she of couse takes off into the kitchen. We are learning Lydia is a garbage disposal and loves to eat, so I'm sure she was headed to the kitchen to find spare cheerios that hadn't been swept up from lunch. Selda caught her and brought her back in to me. Of course Selda was just lovin on her and kissing her and such and then handed her to me. Lydia immediately fell back to Selda (you know how babies do that, sorta just reach over to the other person like "take me"). I couldn't believe Lydia did that, she wanted to stay at daycare with Selda! So Selda loved on her and handed her back to me, Lydia was mad and cried the whole way out to the car. Doesn't even seem like my kids ever want me to be home with them.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Awww how wonderful to know that Liddy loves daycare just as much as Kate! That must feel pretty good!

Love the Kate story! Fam-ah-lee! LOL

amiee said...

hahaha! that is great. if it makes you feel better today as I was dropping off jase at jenny's house so i could go to yet another Realtor class, I bent down to hug him and tell him goodbye and to be a good boy. then he says "Mom, can you go outside???"

Lovely. heh heh. but actually it's great b/c it makes it 100x easier to leave him since he loves it at her house. too cute!

Katie said...

That is cute about Kate. I am sure they will love it when you are able to be home.