Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fun Stuff with Kate

Kate is so excited about a lot of things lately. Mostly things that mean to me that she is growing up. Last week I discovered she had a tooth coming in behind her baby tooth, and she hasn't lost that baby tooth and in fact it's just a tad loose. We had her 6month check up the next day and the dentist told her to start wiggling that baby tooth, that adult tooth is coming in and needs room. If it's not out in 6 weeks we have to go back in and "help" that tooth out. I told her to start wiggling it every day and to eat lots of apples and carrots...which she is doing!

Kate is also preparing to enter kindergarten in the fall. Today her preschool went on a field trip to the elementary school. She loved what she saw and was sad there wasn't enough to time to stay and play in the classroom. She is going to have a great year next year and is so ready for school. I think she is more excited about riding the school bus. Kate struggles with new stuff and change so to hear that she is so excited about this huge change is a great thing.

Kate's half birthday happens to be today. Kate has been talking a lot about her 6th birthday, a lot. She is basically planning it for me. And today I told her it was 6months away from today, she was so excited to tell daddy when he got home from work that is was only 6 days away. I don't think she realizes how far 6 months is. She knows her birthday is right before Halloween. She told Brock and I that Daddy is going to take her to the mall while I stay home and put up decorations for the party and when they get home everyone is going to jump out and say "surprise"! I guess we are having a surprise party for Kate for her birthday. Although is it much of a surprise when you plan it yourself!

I mentioned how much Kate loves Halloween. Today she was telling everyone in our family what they are going to be for Halloween. Daddy is going to be a salamander, Baby B a dragon, L a princess...I didn't make the cut. Love this girl Kate!

No comments: