Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cute things they say

I thought I would jot down some of the things that Kate says. She was really great speech, she talks very clear and knows a lot of big words. So this makes it extra funny when something comes out that isn't right. Or when she tries and describes something or just when she is talking. The funniest thing she's said (while walking in on her dad going to the bathroom) is "daddy that pee is coming from your trunk" I over heard her say this one morning and about died laughing. I love that she calls marshmellow = marshpillows, neighbors = neigvors, slober = slahver. Her alltime favorite word that she uses all the time is clahvering or cobbaling = clobbering (I think to her they mean the same since she tends to use them interchangably), this is her go to word, everyday she says it and everyday it's used to describe something when she doesn't know what else to say. Like this "Lydia is clahvering me" or "this taste cobbalish" are very common phrases for her. If I try and correct her she and say "you mean Lydia is clobbering you" she answers back "No she is clahvering me" but sometimes she'll say "Lydia is cobblish"

One morning she came down stairs and with her sleepy little 'I just woke up look' looked at me and said "I'm dad's Kate" so to tease her back I said "You are my Kate" she didn't like that one bit and in her stubburn tantrum voice cried back "No I'm dad's Kate" and proceeded to rub it in repeating it to me for the next few minutes. At one point she said "Sorry mom I belong to dad". So later that night I'm on my laptop and she comes over and wants me to stop what I'm doing and put on a game fo her to play and say back "No you are dad's Kate go ask him" And she says "I belong to you now" so she sold her dad out for a computer game.


Brock has this little phrase he always says when the girls are fussing at him he says "I'm just a dad". Today he was getting Kate out of the car when we got to church and I guess he wasn't fast enough getting Kate so she started fussing at him to which he said "Kate I'm just a dad" and she replied back "I'm just a Kate". I thought that was cute.


Kate listens to a book on CD in the car on the way too and from daycare. I've hardly even paid attention to the stories, they repeat themselves over and over again and I still don't know all the stories. However one of them I do know and it's not because I paid attention. Kate tells me the story and she does it just like the voices on the CD. It's so cute. It's the story of the Little Red Hen. In a nutshell the hen asks all her friends to help plant the wheat, then grind the wheat then make bread, no one wants to help. But when it comes to eating the bread all her friends want to help in which she replies "No you wont I'll do it myself". Here's Kate's version. She talks fast in the video I barely got her to coorporate to do this for me.


3 comments:

amiee said...

LOL! those things she says are hilarious! I wasn't able to see the video, though.

Emily said...

Same here the video didn't pop up. I'm glad you posted this - that was hilarious and I was smiling the whole time!!

Katie said...

I got the video clip. How cute. It is crazy the things she says. My all time favorite is Don't forget Kate!