This week was the week of Snow for us. We had massive snow storms this week, the first one started Friday afternoon and didn't end until around 8pm on Saturday, and left us with about 25" of snow. Then Tuesday night another snow storm came through, this one with strong winds which made for blizzard like conditions and it piled on another 12" of snow. I should mention before these two back to back storms we had snow almost every weekend so there's really been snow on the ground since the beginning of winter.
It was great to be snowed in with my family, we had a lot of fun and did lots of little things together. Kate insisted that we have a picnic so we laid a blanket out in the family room and ate sandwiches. We also made Valentines day cookie's for the kids at her daycare and we had play dates with Cole our friend in the neighborhood. Lydia did her part in keeping up with the big sister. She is such a great little baby. I'm amazed with how much love these two have for each other. Kate always shares with her and is never mean to Lydia. And Lydia just loves her big sister. I can tell these two are going to be great friends for life. I almost feel like these two girls make my job as their mom too easy.
The day after the second snow storm, check out the drifts that are almost as tall as the fence, I think those fences are around 6'
This is a snow mountain created by shoveling the driveway, Kate has had so much fun this winter
The snow plows covered our mailbox so Brock had to dig it out
I love this picture, Lydia has her typical "what are you doing mom" look while Kate is being a big helper and making sure Lydia is staying put and now falling down the stairs. I love the look she is giving Lydia.

2 comments:
That is crazy how much snow you got. You never posted pictures of your house - will you do that? I would love to see what it looks like. You have permission to wait until the snow melts so we can see what it looks like underneath it all!!!
The girls are so adorable. When did little Kate grow up overnight? She is a little girl now... and lydia - she's so big already! Isn't it so much fun?
Lydia looks different in that picture. I bet Collin and Kate would have had a great time playing in the snow together. I am so glad it is melting. Bring on Spring!
Post a Comment