Sunday, August 2, 2009

A day at the Lake

We didn't really spend a day at the lake more like a few minutes. Kate could've spent the day there, she had such a great time in the few minutes we were there and didn't want to leave. It was a hot humid day so we took a few pictures and then headed to the pool.


Click on the pictures to make them bigger


I love the picture of Kate splashing in the lake, not sure why Lydia is throwing a fit she loves water guess just not this water?


Lydia seems to like the water a little better here




Thought this was such a cute picture of my Kate



We went to the pool almost everyday on vacation. It was so refreshing and it was such a nice pool. Brock and Kate were so cute together. By the end of the week, Kate had turned into a little fish and was swimming by herself with water wings on. It was incredible to me and I'm still in shock that my 2 year old was swimming! She did such a great job. Here is a video of her swimming with her wings, it's long so you don't have to watch the whole thing to get the idea. I just don't know how to edit it.






Brock and Kate




I think this is our only family picture while on vacation




Here's a couple more pictures from our vacation:

Brock took this picture of Kate and he was just so proud of himself. It really is a great picture of her, she looks grown up. She also has a quirky little smile, she gives us this smile a lot so it's nice to have it on film now


Kate loves Lydia tons, but she doesn't like getting too close to her. She's never held her or asked to hold her. This picture is the closest she's ever been to holding her so I had to snap it, it's cute that she even held the bottle for a second. This moment didn't last long at all so I'm glad I have it captured.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Way to go getting the family picture on vacation. I hate asking people to take a picture of us but realized the other day we need the memories. Kate looks so grown up. I feel like we've been missing out and not knowing her enough. It looks like you all had a great time. We just figured out water wings last week. I feel stupid we have been doing the life vest and not having much success.

Katie said...

Oh and I have to say yipppee for new posts.

Emily said...

She is sooo cute! I love the lake pics. That denim dress is the cutest. Kate with have to teach Van how to swim.