Sunday, August 23, 2009

A VERY BUSY BEE

Thanks to hurricane Bill we were house bound on a Saturday. The rain made it a good excuse to catch up on some inside projects. While cleaning out the closests we came across a bee costume. It's a really cute costume that my neice Aidan wore a few years ago and passed along to us. As soon as Kate saw it she started taking off her PJ's to put it on. She called it a princess dress. It was so cute to see her get excited over this costume, it reminded me of myself when I was little. I loved dressing up in costumes. At one point she had to go to the bathroom which meant having to take the costume off and she just bursted in to tears not knowing what to do. I finally talked her into using the bathroom and we avoided an accident. Needless to say there was no talking her into taking it off to get the PJ's back on for bed time. The cutest things she did was chase mom and dad around saying buzzzzzzz. Guess what Kate is going to be for Halloweenm this year?

What's new with Lydia? She is inches away from fully rolling over from back to front. She prefers sleeping on her side so even when you lay her down she rolls on to her side pretty quick. She also takes her right hand and starts rubbing her fuzzy head, she usually takes her left hand and starts to eat it. I can't believe how grown up she is, already starting to develop these nasty little habits. It's cute though to see her personality unfold.

Tonight I had both girls in the bath tub, this is one of my favorite moments of the day with my girls. Lydia loves a bath so even if she is screaming she is immediately calmed by the bath. So tonight Lydia is in the tub watching her big sister, I always make a big deal of this to Kate so that Kate will realize how special it is to be a big sister. Well tonight Kate told me that she is going to "teach Lydia to soccer kick". I was surprised only because I've never even seen Kate do a soccer kick myself! Apparently I have a little Mia Hamm, maybe we'll sign her up for spring soccer.

Oh and as for rainy day food; Brock always laughs but when it rains I always request chinese take out.

Princess bumblebee


A very sleepy bee


A little bee bum

3 comments:

Emily said...

lol i had no idea that this weather was the result of a hurricane!

that pic of the bumblebee bum is too cute! kate is just looking so grown up and lydia is already doing all sorts of exciting things!

i love my little nieces!

Katie said...

I love the bumblebee pics and how excited she was wearing it. Get tons a pics now she is turning three. She is getting bigger and I see the baby face disappearing on her. I looked back at Collin's pics last year and saw the huge difference as he went from baby face to boy ;(.

amiee said...

ha!!! that is too funny! plus i loved how she had to sleep in it. i can't believe you have memories of when you were a kid about liking to try on costumes. I have NOOO memories of my childhood at all! I swear something is wrong with my brain. I told my mom about the fussy shovel and she thought that was hilarious. I am still at her house showing her pics of Kate & Lydia.