Friday, August 28, 2009

Even Super Heros get Booboos

Kate has discovered the joys of costumes, how with just a quick change of wardrobe and you become someone new. We got this superhero costume from a friend and Kate has had so much fun running around in it. At one point the cape came undone and she came to me telling me "to fix my superpowers" I didn't realize I was capable of fixing superpowers.





Our little superhero was walking up the walkway to the house which is made out of stones that sorta jets out and she tripped and fell. I saw this coming someday. We bought the house pre-kids and these stone steps although very beautiful were stitches waiting to happen to anyone under 40".



This wound landed the supergirl in the ER, how's this for a family picture.


Luckily she didn't have to have stitches since they don't do stitches on toddlers faces, (because you would have to knock them out to do it) instead they glued her wound together. It looks bad now but someday we shouldn't even be able to see that anything happened. Her "sidewalk trophy" (as a coworker calls them) won't even be noticeable. She insisted on needing a band aid on her booboo so we put it next to it and immediately she said "that makes me feel better" whoever invented the band aid was a genius on so many levels.



Pre-accident we had fun taking pictures before church of the girls. Actually this is Kates first time holding Lydia, it was my idea and it didn't last long before she was done holding her. I love Lydia's pouty lips in this picture clearly she is saying "mom I've had enough" but I just can't get enough of her. I just love these girls!


Isn't Lydia the cutest thing in this frilly little dress?


Another very pretty dress, this is probably one of my favorites












2 comments:

amiee said...

OH NO!!!!! Her poor little face! And she had to go to the ER??? I HATE THE ER!!!!!! Hopefully you didn't have to wait long. and yay for NO stitches! i have a terrible fear of getting stitches. I hope i never ever have to.

Lydia looks like Kate's twin!!! she is so cute in her dresses!!!!! i want a girl so bad!!!!

Katie said...

Wasn't Kate in that black dress first? I love the super hero costume. We had fun with you all this week! I love Kate's questioning voice!