I've had such a wonderful summer with my girls. I've really grown close to Kate and very attached to Lydia. Sadly this week I returned to work. I really miss my girls during the day and wonder what they are doing, if they are ok, if they miss me, if they are having fun. When I pick them up I always get a wonderful report and that Kate misses her dad....not me! What? Ok so maybe returning to work isn't as hard as I thought it would be on her. I hope to be home full time some day with my kids. Kate and her dad are buddies, in fact they go around calling each other big buddy and little buddy...Kate made that up. It's so cute to hear her say, "come on big buddy let's go water the garden"
Here are a few pictures of stuff we've been up to
This has filled our summer days with pure joy and bliss, it's a sand and water table. It's as messy as it sounds but Kate loves it. It occupies her for a long time so the mess has been worth it. I know some people fill it with small pebbles instead of water or sand, it doesn't really matter what you add kids love sensory exploration.
I love daddy daughter pictures, notice Lydia with her hands over her head, so cute. She also has been rubbing her fuzzy head lately and playing with her hands. I love watching her play with her hands I've got to get it on video. She is also starting to coo a lot the kind that almost sounds like a laugh.
Lydia just chillen, the babies did great on our trip. She is napping here but don't be fooled she didn't nap long because that meant she was missing something...
We went with my sister and their two boys, one being the same age as Lydia and one a year younger then Kate. Kate was so cute that she insisted that her and Van ride this together, notice how all the other cars are empty, she also wanted the blue car
Again on the swings they had to sit next to each other. I love that Kate is surrounded by so many of her cousins. She told me the other day that "I'm a cousin" Cousins are a very important part of her life
What kinda parenting is this....Lydia was being a 'fussy shovel' so I set her outside which she loves, it quites her up immediately. Because I have a 100 things going on I just leave her out there and check on her every few minutes while I do my thing. She ended up falling asleep here but she was very content for a good 45 minutes before snoozing. She woke a few minutes later and I brought her back inside where she became a fussy shovel

3 comments:
Toddlers are hilarious! It's so fun when your kids get old enough to interact, unfortunately ours are getting to the age now where they fight. "Mommy brain" is very familiar to us too, although I'm beginning to think that there are parts that will never come back, namely my vocabulary. I love watching your girls grow. Miss you.
Your neighbors must love hearing Lydia cry--lol. I love fussy shovel! I am always annoyed Collin misses Dad more than me ;)
omg that is the funniest thing about her calling her a fussy shovel!! hahahhahahha i love the things kids say! i can't wait until Jase talks more. he has been talking a LOT lately and it is awesome cute!
also cracked up at you putting lydia outside! hahahah love it! this is a bonus about having a spring baby!!!!!! I AM VERY HAPPY ABOUT THIS. babies and winter and snow do NOT mix well. makes momma more depressed and cooped up in the house.
Post a Comment