Sunday, August 2, 2009

Kate's Garden

Brock and Kate have been growin it, I've been eating it! If I can't find Brock or Kate I know where to look....the garden. Those two have been hard at work in the garden all summer and their efforts have payed off, they have produced some great stuff. Kate will eat a whole cucumber by herself. She doesn't like tomatoes, but doesn't seem to mind growing them. They also have a sunflower that is about to open and bloom anyday.
I also bought some fresh corn and peaches from the Snead's (a farmer I worked for when I was 18). I think he has the best produce in Virginia. I froze away 3 dozen ears of corn and made fresh freezer jam with the peaches. It was wonderful on our pancakes this morning.






2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the pics with the tomatoes. See, this is why getting a really nice camera would be so cool. That would make a really neato picture for your next house! To remind you of your old one. :)

Troy said...

I wish I could eat your tomatoes. I love them!--kt