Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Spotted Pig

One of our first discoveries that we made in South Carolina was this restaurant named The Spotted Pig. It's a bbq place that doesn't mess around with their bbq! It was fabulous the best bbq I've ever had. Also the best onion rings we've ever had. We aren't onion ring people but they sent us an order by accident and when we mentioned it they let us keep the order and brought us the fries we ordered. Well we were so glad they did because the onion rings were out of this world. We mentioned it to the server and she even said when we mentioned the mess up that she would let us keep the onion rings cause she knew we would enjoy them. We ordered more onion rings. The only downside to this place was they are only open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, that's right only 3 days a week. I asked about that and the server said that a lot of places in the area are only open 3 days a week, that's how far out in the sticks we were. We only got to eat there twice, I could've eaten there every day. Even today I woke up and asked Brock if we could go to The Spotted Pig and he said "let's do it, oh it's 9 hours away huh, oh well better get a move on" we didn't really go but I think of that place a lot *sigh*. I told Brock we should open up a "A Spotted Hog" up here and leave it open 6 days a week, close on Sunday for our day of rest!


Brock showin off the ribs here



I love this picture of Kate, I can almost see what she will look like as a young woman in it...we were at The Spotted Pig when I took it

2 comments:

Katie said...

That sounds yummy. I know how Brock likes his meat. I cannot imagine a place being open 3 days a week. Kate's hair is getting long and flowy!

Emily said...

LOVE the pic of Kate. I agree, you do kind of get a glimpse at what she'll look like when older. She's going to be even more gorgeous!! Gotta love a place called "The Spotted Pig."